Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween!

We love Halloween! We did so many fun things to celebrate, but it seems the more kids I have the less pictures I remember to take. Strange how that happens. Here's a few I did remember to take.




We made our annual pilgrimage to Gardener Village to fight the crowds, hunt for witches and visit the candy shop. Above, are all the children enjoying their candy by the pond.


We went to a corn maze and had a ton of fun picking out pumpkins and playing on all the fun things. That's the back of Isabella (in the solid black) and Benson up in the distance next to my friend Mandy. And this is the only picture I took of the whole day.


We carved pumpkins. It took the kids an hour just to select their images, but I think they turned out pretty cool. They lasted two days before they found their way to the trash. We simply could not endure the faster than normal decay and the resulting swarming flies. But they were fun while they lasted.



I managed to not get any good pictures of the kids in their costumes. These are it. Benson was Batman...for the fourth year running. Since his previous batman costume looked more like shorts, we invested in a new one. Hayden was a wizard, without a beard since his mom couldn't find one ANYWHERE. Gavin was Tarzan. My mom made that costume for my oldest brother, Chris, when he was a baby. He's now 44. Then My next oldest brother, Stefan, wore it, followed by Hayden on his Second Halloween. I love tradition. Bella, after our urgings to be a witch, or princess, or fairy, or anything feminine, latched on to this SpongeBob costume at the store. As much as I dislike the idea of her wearing SpongeBob, I sorta love it because that's exactly how I was when I was little. I'm not sure if they're trying to give the peace sign, or flashing gang symbols, but they are stinkin' cute.
Other things we did, not photographed: Trunk or Treating (in the pouring rain), Trick or Treating (in the drizzling rain), Chili, hotdogs and cider with good friends, school parties and parades, and a little party at our house with a few of the kids friends. That was the kids favorite. I'm glad I went to the effort to plan and execute it for their sakes...and manage to not even take one picture of it. I love Halloween, almost as much as my kids, and I can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Leisa said...

I love the spongebob costume, so cute and funny. I put off going into the costume section of every single store till the last minute. I was afraid abby would latch onto some horribly ridiculous or expensive costume.

I totally know how it goes forgetting to take pictures. If I didn't have a blog, I'd never take pictures. It seems my need to put up regular posts keeps me photgraphing things.

Troy and Rachelle said...

I have tons of pics of my older kids & poor Rylynn just got her newborn pic off the wall. It is so hard to keep on on these things with so many. I totally understand. I love the costumes!

Mandy said...

what cuties!!

Celeste said...

I just found your blog! Your kids are all darling and I love the Spongebob costume. Kids are so funny.

Lyndee W. said...

Cute little Hayden! You should've said something about the beard...I could've come up with something I"m sure. And Benson/Batman? Sean was a ninja for 3 years running. I know how it is!