Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Do I Laugh or Cry?

Gavin is almost always doing something naughty. It's just a way of life around here. He spends most of his days trying to conquer and destroy our house. But today he must have sensed my need to get a lot done, because he kicked his trouble-making into overdrive. Here is a list of his activities...BEFORE noon.


1. Lost (and later found) a video camera I borrowed from my friend.
2. Got a hold of Isabella's hot chocolate, called my name, said "See?", and then dumped it on the floor.
3. Took off his own diaper and ran around naked. The diaper was later found in the toy box.
4. Got into the Q-tips and vaseline in the bathroom.
5. Unrolled a whole roll of toilet paper and shoved half of it into the toilet.
6. Got into the fridge, and took out everything withing reach, including the onions which he thought were balls. I now have onion skins everywhere.
7. He got on the counter and demolished the roses my sweet husband gave to me. He then came and got me, took me by the hand, led me to the mess, and proudly said, "See?"
8. He got on the counter again, stirred the wax in my scentsy burner with a fork, and then poured the melted wax into Isabella's cup. 1/4 of it ended up spilled on my counter the other 1/4 is on his clothes, which are now in the trash along with the unsalvagable cup. And I had to take a knife to my counter tops. Amazingly enough, he didn't seem to burn himself.
9. He got into Hayden's markers and colored all over his window.

You're probably wondering where I was when all of this is happening. Putting a load of laundry in, helping Bella make her bed. And then, he usually moves on to his next disaster when he knows I am occupied cleaning up his previous mess.

And like I said, this all happened before noon. Lucky for him, he's just so cute, I usually end up laughing. Lucky for me, it's naptime. One thing is for sure, he definately keeps things interesting around here!



Another reason to laugh...Gavin has decided he must wear Hayden's sparring head gear every day, for hours at a time. It totally cracks me up!

3 comments:

Leisa said...

You've got to laugh. Some days it feels like they are just trying to see how much they can get away with. I know Abby will have days where everytime I turn around, she's getting into some sort of trouble.

Lyndee W. said...

He's so cute!

Amy said...

At least he's cute! And just an FYI...I'm very experienced in getting candle wax out of fabric, so if there's a next time, call me!