Saturday, November 27, 2010

Karate...Flinders Style

Hayden and I both competed in a tournament earlier this month. We had a great time and managed to bring home some medals.

Hayden's Performance Team performed. Here is the intro to their routine.

Hayden waiting to compete in Forms.

Hayden doing his form, Tae Guk Il Jong.


Hayden Sparring.


And for Posterity, here I am sparring. I sparred my good friend Karen. She is my Master instructor's wife and a Brown Belt. She kicked my can, but I managed to come away with the Silver.


Our school had professional photos done. Cute Hayden.


Hayden's roundhouse kick.



And me demonstrating a hip throw on my instructor, Mr. Barnard.
I am loving Karate. Hayden is loving Karate. Isabella is dying to start Karate. Benson says he will start when he is 7, because he's still too shy right now. It's definately becoming a family passion!

4 comments:

Leisa said...

I love that you guys all love karate! That's so fun to have a common interest that you can all share and enjoy. Way to go on the silver!

Lyndee W. said...

We definitely love your family! Can I get a hollah on your hip throw!?

Mandy said...

Aaaaeeeeeiiiii!

Mandy said...

I don't know what that is supposed to be....a keyup, I guess.

I'm retarded.