Monday, July 25, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
1. Since before we were married, Tory gets his hair cut every other week. He can't stand if his hair dares to touch his ears. And I am his barber.
2. Tory is an avid walker and talker in his sleep. I will save the stories for another blog. I have a lot of them!
3. Tory calls Isabella his Girlfriend and formally asks her on dates.
4. He composes songs about how much he loves me while he is in the shower and then sings them to me in a cartoonish, falsetto voice. So, so cute!
5. Tory is an extremely fast sprinter. He made Varsity Track as a freshman and took 2nd in state for the 200 and the 400 meter. He also played Football, basketball and Percussions in high school.
6. He is an avid learner. Currently on his nightstand are "Hunger Games", "Algebra Fundamentals", "Music Theory", an essay on politics, Scriptures and multiple Ensigns. And he is reading them all.
7. Every Valentine's Day Tory buys 13 roses. 12 for me and one for Isabella.
8. Tory LOVES having his back rubbed and will pay or blackmail our children to get them to rub his back.
9. Nearly every night, after scripture study, Tory reads to the kids out of a fairy tale book he bought before any of them were born. He's done this for years and the kids love it...even though the stories are weird and somewhat morbid.
10. Tory comes from a line of Ranchers. His Dad was the only son to break away from the Ranch in Montana to become a business man. Out of all his children Tory is the one that was born with a Rancher's soul. That life would have suited him well.
11. Tory's favorite form of torture is to attack me with tickles. He does this daily, and loves it. I pretend to hate it.
12. Tory's best friends are his brothers and his Dad.
13. I once asked Tory who was the most influential person in his life growing up. He didn't hesitate to answer his two older brothers, Ron and Scott.
14. Despite his outward quiet nature, Tory is very expressive and demonstrative. He is always expressing his feelings for me and the children, and I love it.
15. Tory puts off an "aura" (for lack of a better word) that puts people at ease and makes them feel good just being around him. I call this the "Jasper Cullen Effect". He's completely unaware of this power.
16. Tory worries that I don't buy things for myself. He established a secret savings account and started putting a little money in it each month. He labeled it "Madeline's Clothes Fund" and gave me the account number after he had saved a substantial amount. That way I wouldn't feel like I was taking away bill or grocery money for myself. He's so thoughtful.
17. Tory never loses his temper or his patience. He's extremely kind and gentle.
18. Tory sleeps with two blankies. He sleeps with them because they smell like his babies.
19. He works out everyday, can run 3 miles in 22 minutes and eats a diet that consists mostly of protein and veggies. He is so healthy!
20. Tory's mission to Africa was an incredible experience for him and it changed his life. I can attest to this because I knew him before and after.
Monday, February 14, 2011
All of the cousins who were able to make it. (and half of his siblings...)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
First, Hayden chose to go out to dinner to Chuck-O-Rama (after our urgings to choose Spaghetti Factory, or Hires, or just about anyplace else. But we had a lot of fun and it was pretty good!)
Then Sunday, Uncle Craig, Aunt Andrea and Max came over for dinner and cupcakes.