Monday, January 11, 2010

BUGS!

We celebrated Hayden's Seventh Birthday with a Creepy, Crawly, Bug party! We did lots of fun bug-centered activities, but everyone's favorite was the bug eating game. We had real BBQ flavored worms and chocolate covered crickets.

Here's Hayden eating a worm...he was the first to try.

Suprisingly, out of the 12 kids there, all but 4 little girls (mine included) wouldn't try one. They seriously had so much fun with this game! They claim the crickets were crunchy and the worms tasted like nachos.

Doesn't their faces say it all? Mr. J. on the left, despite his expression, was an active participant, eating everything without hesitation. Miss J., on the right...wasn't.

We also had a special guest. A tarantula named Bubba. We fed Bubba crickets. He's still sitting on my counter top. I think I'm actually starting to get used to him. But he goes back to his owner tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Hayden! We love you!

And almost on cue, he took on all of the "delightful" characteristics of a seven year old boy.




2 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Hayden!

Andy and Adrienne Bass said...

Ha! I found you. I love the bug party and will need your cricket and worm recipe as my boys will just totally love that! Your family is beautiful and you could have a bake sale to raise funds for your window wells. I wonder how much your worms would go for?