Thursday, May 14, 2009

They're Back!

I'm not sure what great evil Eagle Mountain has commited, but we have called down upon us the Wrath, like unto Egypt. Our plague is in the form of the Black Widow.

Last summer they crawled down the middle of the streets in broad daylight, they made their webs in our door frames, window wells, and porch chairs. I lived in mortal fear of my children walking outside without shoes on. I made the rounds each day, killing all in sight before allowing my children outside.

And now...two months ahead of last year, my eight-legged enemies have returned. I found this one next to the garage. Tory has found two more. And thus it continues. The curse of Eagle Mountain. *Shiver*


8 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Oh we can't wait. I've sprayed 2 times already as a precaution. I thought about jumping down in the window well to pull the weeds, but did not because of the nemesis. I love that they are huge too, no j/k, but If they weren't it would be a lot harder to spot them. Good luck as you guys also have the dreaded tarantula.

theferrisoneofall said...

Ugh! Your pic gave me the shivers!

Mandy said...

Good thing you have your pillow cases to ward off evil INSIDE your house!

angela said...

i just found your blog--hope you don't mind. you look great and your kids are adorable!

Ciara said...

Yeah! So glad to catch up again with your beautiful fam. What a cute little new guy you have too! I just wanted to tell you i have now been the 2nd counselor in YW's for a few months now and boy is it work! Thanks for being a good leader to me. and a great friend too! ;)

Rachel and Steve said...

Therefore that is why we are not buying in EM!! Well, that and the coyotes, out of control tumble weeds, snakes,....

Amy said...

BLAST the stupid things!!!

Jennifer Flinders said...

Yucka-Mucka on the spiders!! Thanks for the low-down on your blog! It'll be fun to stay up-to-date on that sweet Flinders Fam in Utah!! Blow kisses to each and everyone of those precious babies!!